Why because it is just plugging of datafiles from source to destination after some set of checking. Also, it avoids the index rebuilds after moving the data to the target database if you are copying the index tablespaces along with data tablespaces.
- Databases (source & target) must be with Oracle 8i or above
- Database Version need not be identical
- System & Sys related tablespaces or objects cannot be transported
- If you want to transport partitioned table, all the partitions must be included in transportable table set. If you are transporting index, all the tablespace containing respective tables also needs to be transported
- You can transport the tablespace to a target database only if it has same or higher compatibility settting