- Language: It determines the languages used for Oracle messages, day, and month names. For each language there are unique names like AMERICAN, FRENCH, JAPANEESE etc. By default value is AMERICAN
- Territory: it determines the conventions for default date, monetary and numeric formats. As like language each territory has its own names which is derived from the corresponding languages. Example: AMERICA, FRANCE, JAPAN
- Character Set: It specifies the character set used by the client application and it is correlated with the user terminal character set or Operating system character set.
- Session level setting from command prompt
- Set the variables permanently