- Create a initSOURCE.ora file
- Shutdown the TARGET database if already present and startup nomount the SOURCE database.
- Restore the control file from backupset.
- Update the initSOURCE.ora file with new control files details.
- Connect to sqlplus and rename the redo log files to new location
- Connect to RAMN and catalog the backup pieces.
- Connect to RMAN and run the following script. The green colored items needs to be modified as per your standard
- Rename the database. You can use following methods.
- In RAC most of the cases you have to rename the datafiles as it restore the datafiles to original location