- The target instance must be started.
- You should connect to recovery catalog to use The KEEP FOREVER clause.
- You cannot use CHANGE... UNAVAILABLE or KEEP attributes for files stored in the flash recovery area.
- The only CHANGE command that requires either a manual or automatic maintenance channel is the CHANGE ... AVAILABLE command. However, a maintenance channel is not required when CHANGE ... AVAILABLE is used with a file that is disk only (that is, an ARCHIVELOG, DATAFILECOPY, or CONTROLFILECOPY).
- If you use CHANGE ... AVAILABLE on files that are not disk-only, and have objects created on device types that are not configured for automatic channels, then issue manual maintenance commands on these channels. For example, if you created a backup on an sbt channel, but have only a DISK channel automatically configured, then you must manually allocate an sbt channel before CHANGE ... AVAILABLE can operate on the backup.